Angus Charlton admitted 1990, England and Wales as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court; admitted 1997, Cayman Islands as an Attorney at Law.
Angus graduated from Leeds University in 1986 with an Honours Degree in Law and graduated from the College of Law at Guildford in 1987.
Upon qualification and prior to coming to the Cayman Islands in 1997, Angus practiced at London law firms Beachcroft (then Beachcroft Stanleys) and Wedlake Bell.
Angus practiced in the Real Estate Dept of both firms and gained a broad range of experience in both Commercial and Residential Real Estate matters.
Angus joined Ritch & Conolly in 1997 and specialises in Commercial and Residential Real Estate and secured lending.
Angus has particular expertise in both commercial and residential real estate development work and advises the firm’s clients on all aspects of the development of real estate in the Cayman Islands from inception to completion including land acquisitions, construction contracts, licensing, funding, sales and leasing.
Angus also advises the firms’ clients on all aspects of residential property sales, acquisitions, financing and also on a broad range of general real estate matters.
Angus has been recognised for many years as one of the leading real estate practitioners in the Cayman Islands.
- England and Wales
- Cayman Islands
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- "Angus Charlton possesses ‘excellent knowledge of local law and conveyancing laws, rules and regulations’" - Legal 500, 2021
- Ranked as a "Rising Star" for Real Estate - Legal 500, 2021
- Ranked as a "Next Generation Lawyer" for Real Estate - Legal 500, 2020
- “Angus Charlton takes particular care to be certain that clients have a full understanding of everything that is transacted” – Legal 500, 2020
- “Extremely knowledgeable, responsive and accurate” – Chambers Global, 2020
- “Intimately aware of all the intricacies of developments, and ensures successful outcomes” – Legal 500, 2018
- "Angus Charlton is recommended for commercial and residential real estate development work" - Legal 500, 2016
- "Angus Charlton has 'excellent local knowledge' with particular expertise in commercial and real estate development" - Legal 500, 2015