Cherry Bridges is a Barrister-at-Law and Attorney-at-Law and the Partner in charge of the Litigation Department at Ritch & Conolly. Cherry was educated in England but grew up in Malaysia, Sarawak, England and Hong Kong.
Upon completion of her Law Degree and Bar Finals, she was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1982 and completed her pupillage at 1 Essex Court, Temple, London and at Temple Chambers, Hong Kong.
She was called to the Bar of Hong Kong in 1983 and worked as a Barrister-at-Law in private practice at Temple Chambers, Hong Kong from 1983 to 1986 before she relocated to the Cayman Islands and was admitted as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands in 1987.
She has 35+ years' experience acting in a wide range of civil commercial litigation with particular expertise in litigation relating to trusts, insurance, commercial disputes, tracing actions, enforcement of judgments, companies and liquidations of banks, hedge funds and private companies.
She has acted in numerous and significant cross border matters for clients from all over the world, including the United States of America, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Uruguay, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Russia, Norway, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Cherry has acted in more than 50 cases selected for publication in the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong Law Reports, 8 of which were appeals to the Court of Appeal or the Privy Council. Click here for a PDF list of those cases. Notable or significant cases in which Cherry has acted include:
Companies/liquidations acting for liquidators, creditors and directors:
- SphinX, Palm Beach Offshore funds, Lancelot Investors’ Fund, Bancredit (Cayman) Limited, Trade & Commerce Bank, BCCI, Eurobank Corporation, Prospect Properties, In the matter of H of H, Carrian (Hong Kong)
Trusts and tracing actions acting for beneficiaries, trustees and plaintiffs:
- Reksten, Re C Trusts, The Circle Trust
Insurance arbitrations acting for the Insured:
- Courtyard Marriott
- Villas Pappagallo
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Asset Tracing
- Conflict of Laws
- Trust Litigation
- Regulatory and Financial Services
- Cayman Islands Law Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, England
- “Cherry Bridges has a wealth of knowledge and experience of the jurisdiction as well as excellent research skills. She is also a pleasure to work with but absolutely relentless with those against her” – Legal 500, 2020
- "Cherry Bridges is 'a very clever lawyer, who is responsive to her clients and respected by peers'" - Legal 500, 2020
- “A tenacious advocate and dogged in advancing the interests of her clients”, Cherry Bridges “has extensive experience in large cross-border matters, and understands the importance of delivering good value at a reasonable price” – Legal 500, 2018
- "Team head Cherry Bridges has 'great knowledge of Cayman law and is a problem solver'" - Legal 500, 2017
- "Cherry Bridges, who has considerable experience of civil commercial litigation, is 'a strong advocate for her clients and their interests'" - Legal 500, 2016
- "Cherry Bridges is 'a truly exceptional attorney'" - Legal 500, 2015